(Especially for your next holiday to Antigua in the Caribbean!)
- Beach towel – Hammamas – traditional Turkish cotton towel. These are lightweight, vibrant, robust and perfect for popping in your beach bag. They double up as a sarong too, perfect for quick covering up!
2. Beach Bag – go for basket weave, open top, colourful, like this Mar Y Sol Caracas Tote from Shopbop.com
3. Beach Coverup – To go from hotel to beach to beach bar to home, you need something so pretty to cover your bikini. I love my Jets by Jessika Allen, available here
4. Sunscreen – get something that you don’t need to apply to often. I am loving P20 which give you 10 hours of sun protection for all of the family with one application. It is quite oily though, so apply it before you put your bikini on!
5. Boho top and shorts for daytime shopping: This Banjanan top hits just the right notes of casual Summer chic. Pair it with some white shorts and your tan will really pop! It is available here on Shopbop.com.
6. Bug spray – tropical climates tend to attract mosquitoes, one of the few downsides to holidays in the sun. So give yourself a chance to avoid itchy lums and bumps with a good mosquito repellent. I like this roll-on by Chicco which is also available for babies and in a spray form.
7. A great book to read on the beach – this will be personal of course, but a recent favourite of mine is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Marry Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows:
8. A fun dress to go dancing in the evening – something white to show off your zazzy tan? I like this Festival dress by For Love and Lemons.
9. Lip Balm with SPF: one of the best that I have ever found (thank you Miki for the perfect gift!) is by Bobbi Brown. It makes your lips feel juicy and plump, protects them from the sun and comes in a really gorgeous silver tin. Once you start using this, you will be lost without it!
10. A Game: to play over Burgers and Pina Colada’s at lunch in the beach shack – one for all ages is Dobble. I cannot recommend this enough for a perfectly packaged (in a tin so it won’t fall apart if it gets wet), perfectly sized (lightweight and fits in your hand) and it really is fun for all of the family from about age 5 and up.